Prior to May 27, 2009, I had quite a list of things that I loved.
- Sleeping in late. Like, really late. My first two years of college, I tried never to take a class before 10 AM.
- Reading books. Whether traveling on a long trip, going on a short car ride, or just sitting at home, as a kid I always had a book in my hand.
- Taking long showers. There’s just something relaxing about a warm shower in the morning.
- Going to the movie theater. I love a good movie complete with the movie theater atmosphere and snacks. Even better if you can sneak your dollar store candy in. 🙂
- Watching an exciting TV show. The kind where you can’t wait to see how it is going to end. I especially loved doing this at night after a productive day.
If you are a mother, I’m sure you can see where I am going with this. These things I used to love, well, I still love them, but can’t remember the last time I did any of them. Amazingly enough, none of this matters.
Here is what I love now:
Macy brings me my Mother’s Day card
Oh my goodness, I love that girl. Happy first Mother’s Day to me. How blessed I am to have such a sweet baby girl in my life.