Hmm…I wonder what Macy’s bill would be so far.
- Lorelai: Yes, you are, you’re all grown up and soon you’ll be going off into the world.
- Rory: Not yet.
- Lorelai: But soon. And after you spread those wings and fly away, I won’t have the opportunity to give you this.
[Lorelai hands her a piece of paper]
- Rory: What is it?
- Lorelai: It’s your bill.
- Rory: My what?
- Lorelai: Yeah. I’ve been crunching the numbers, you know, adding up what you’ve cost me over the years – raising you, clothing you, feeding you, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
- Rory: Mmhmm.
- Lorelai: Yes, I’ve itemized everything here by years and income ratio. I thought you could factor it into your student loan.
- Rory: Oh boy.
- Lorelai: One thing that’s painfully obvious here – you’ve used an extraordinary number of diapers.
- Rory: I’m gonna go take a shower.
- Lorelai: Really, it’s cost a fortune. What were you using all those diapers for?
- Rory: I was building my ‘make Mommy go away’ castle.