Day One

Our flight to the capital city was fairly uneventful.  It was about an hour delayed, which is not abnormal in Asia, but Macy did okay on the flight.  We made it to the airport about 8 pm or so and grabbed some Burger King (yum) before catching the shuttle to our hotel.

There’s a few websites that help you find hotels in our country and I managed to find one that met all of my three criteria – baby bed (major plus), very close to the airport, and breakfast available.  This hotel even boasted a free shuttle that took you to and from the airport.  It took us a few minutes to find the spot where they pick up, but right as we walked up, the shuttle arrived.

I figured that it was a good possibility the hotel forgot to get us a baby bed, but when we walked into our room, everything was all set up.

Super cute pack and play, complete with blanket and pillow.  I was so impressed.

Macy immediately found the phone and “talked” on it for about 10 minutes.

Lots of luggage…

We ended up making the trip with four checked bags (two of which had two other duffles inside), 2 carry-ons, a computer backpack, and Macy’s diaper bag.  Not too bad considering we moved over here with 7 bags plus carry-ons and have added an extra member to our family.

Macy sporting her most winter outfit.  This is a hand-me-down from her cousin and is (cringe) yes, the warmest thing Macy owns right now.  It doesn’t get too cold in our city until January, so I didn’t see the need in stocking up on heavy winter clothing until we got to Houston.  This plan was perfect, until I remembered that we were going to fly through the capital – which was currently 10 degrees Fahrenheit.  Whoops.

After checking out the room, Jeff suggested that we put Macy’s bed in the entryway so that if she woke up in the middle of the night she wouldn’t be able to see us.  Then, my super-smart husband realized that the curtain around the closet area would serve perfectly to block her view during the night.  Genius.  (For more on traveling with a one-year-old in a hotel, see Hotel California & Hotel California part 2).

Macy slept soundly in her bed.  She was exhausted.

The next morning, we got up and ate breakfast before catching the shuttle back to the airport.  And then began Day 2…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s