Dear Mom and Dad,
Today is your anniversary (in case you didn’t know). I just wanted to say thanks for being the kind of married couple that you are. Thank you for showing me what it looked like for two people to be married for 31 years and still love each other. Here are some things that I loved about watching your marriage –
- You always went grocery shopping together. Always.
- Dad always calls Mom about ten times during the day just to check on her and see how she is doing. (I’m not sure how much Mom appreciates this though…) 🙂
- Dad never forgets a birthday, anniversary, or special holiday. Mom doesn’t either.
- You often buy each other funny cards and then start laughing while the other person opens up his or her card. You can’t wait to share the joke with them.
- Mom watches Antiques Roadshow with Dad.
- Dad watches House Hunters with Mom.
- Dad always made time for his family – by coming home early from work, taking us on special vacations, and spending weekends together. You still spend the majority of your time together – even though I’m all grown up.
These are just a few things that I appreciated. Dad, thank you for loving Mom the way that you do. Mom, thank you for loving Dad the way that you do.
I love you both,