I’m glad my mom didn’t feel this way about Jeff when we first started dating… 🙂
- Rory: So this is how it’s gonna be from now on?
- Lorelai: What does that mean?
- Rory: You like Dean and you hate Jess.
- Lorelai: Rory.
- Rory: Jess will always be the evil guy who mouthed off to you and wrecked my car and Dean will always be the perfect guy who would come over and change the water bottle.
- Lorelai: Aw, I forgot about the water bottle.
- Rory: Mom.
- Lorelai: Rory, I said nothing. I didn’t mean what you thought I meant about Jess. I’m trying to be supportive about this.
- Rory: How supportive?
- Lorelai: Supportive. You know, go team.
- Rory: I’m serious, I wanna know how it’s gonna be. Like, can I invite him over?
- Lorelai: Of course you can invite him over.
- Rory: Well, can he actually come into the house?
- Lorelai: Yes, he can come into the house
- Rory: Are you going to talk to him?
- Lorelai: I’ll at least match him grunt for grunt.
- Rory: Okay. Now, let’s say he’s in the house and there’s a fire and you can either save him or your shoes – which is it?
- Lorelai: That depends, did he start the fire?