Let’s just say that Macy’s birthday party and Lorelai’s didn’t have a lot in common. We did let Macy blow out her own candles.
- Emily: Take the cake into the kitchen now, Teresa.
- Lorelai: Wait, aren’t I supposed to blow out the candles?
- Emily: Oh, Teresa can do that.
- Lorelai: Mom, it’s tradition for the person whose name is on the cake to do the blowing.
- Emily: Oh, I’m sorry. I thought only children liked to do that. Shall we bring it back out and relight it?
- Lorelai: No.
- Richard: Well, would you like to make a wish and blow out the tapers?
- Lorelai: Why am I being mocked on my birthday?
- Richard: Because it’s the Gilmore way.